freetds - Re: [freetds] failure to properly install under Centos

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rich Young" <rich AT experienceplus.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] failure to properly install under Centos
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:05:18 -0600

Ed-
It sounds like you're past the problem, so maybe this is
unnecessary, but just in case.... I'm using
CentOS/freetds/odbc/windows/MS-SQL also, and my install experience was a
little quirky too. I never did the test stuff - I just use tsql and
isql to work out whether I'm getting through - but I found that, despite
hand-selecting the unixODBC package during my CentOS install (and rpm -q
indicated that it was installed, but I could never find the meat of it,
only documentation...), I had to uninstall unixODBC and reinstall it
from source to get freetds to work.
It was definitely not a painless installation, but I don't blame
freetds at all - it's pretty clearly something wierd about CentOS (this
from a guy with only RedHat 6/7/Fedora experience in the past).

I'm Rich Young, and I approved this message.