freetds - Re: [freetds] Begginer question about binding parameterswith placeholders

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: KERTEL - Maxime MARAIS <mmarais AT kertel.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Begginer question about binding parameterswith placeholders
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:46:04 +0200

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT a écrit :

This is not 100% accurate... you were using CTlib (via DBD::Sybase) to access
mssql and we suggested to either try to update FreeTDS or use ODBC (via
DBD::ODBC) which has better placeholder support. And I still encourage you to
try ODBC.

freddy77

Hi Freddy,

I am already using the last stable FreeTDS version and I am not allowed to use any upper versions until they are stable. I am also not able to use ODBC as there is no free module to access mssql from Perl but DBD::Sybase. It's also not possible to install any special application on the mssql server. I must use the tds protocol to exchange data with the database server and no other protocol.
Nevertheless, my problem is now resolved : I don't use placeholders anymore. ;-)

--
Maxime MARAIS
Kertel.