freetds - Re: [freetds] Insallation issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Insallation issues
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:47:11 -0400

Brian June wrote:

> How and what should I do to install FreeTDS in order to install the php
> extension I need ?

1. Download the almost-released tarball, 0.64rc2, from www.freetds.org.

2. Extract the sources.

3. Look in the new User Guide under "OS-specific Issues" for "GNU/Linux
distributions that use RPMs". Proceed as directed.

That will (I hope) give you an up-to-date RPM. If not, I recommend
building and installing from source, perhaps into the same directories as
the RPMs use.

HTH.