freetds - [freetds] Insallation issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian June" <bjune AT martekbio.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Insallation issues
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:43:16 -0400

I'm currently stuck with using a SuSE 10 distribution... the objective
is to add and enable a php5 mssql extension.

I have downloaded the sourceforge php_mssql rpm which fails on
dependencies of libsydb.so.5 in which I am now currently trying to
install FreeTDS...

I first tried the sourceforge freetds-9.63-2.i386.rpm which fails on
dependencies libreadline.so.4 ...

So here is my issue and question.... The current version of readline on
the system is 5.0-9 and so the rpm is asking for a lower version...

How and what should I do to install FreeTDS in order to install the php
extension I need ?

Brian R. June

Senior Programmer

Martek Biosciences Corporation