freetds - [freetds] moving data from mssql to mysql on linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "blackwater dev" <blackwaterdev AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] moving data from mssql to mysql on linux
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:49:58 -0500

I have a project where I need to connect to a remote SQL Server and move
data from their to my localy MySQL server. On the remote SQL Server, I only
have access to a few views but need to get their data and move it to my
local MySQL db. What is the best way to do this? Can I do it with the
FreeTDS BCP? Is there a better way?

Thanks!