freetds - [freetds] status of 0.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] status of 0.64
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:29:07 -0500

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/release_candidates/freetds-0.64RC1.tar.gz

Due in no small part to Frediano's gentle encouragement (not to mention
coding), 0.64 release candidate #1 is available for your building and
testing pleasure. Please have at it.

As usual, I ask anyone with unusual setups to please report your
experiences, positive and negative. If there are autotool issues or
things that should be noted in the UG for your environment, now is the
time to address them. I'm particularly eager to hear about 64-bit
systems, including Solaris, and about OS X. But I don't mean to single
them out: all ye of the proprietary and antique shall now have your say.
If you want, of course.

Alongside the .gz is an annoucement which will serve as the basis for the
announcements to Freshmeat et al. Please say if you see something that
wrong or notice something missing. Also the UG has been updated. I know
we've had suggestions for corrections but I'm not sure they've all been
incorporated. If yours hasn't, please know incompetence is a more likely
explanation than arrogance. At least in this case.

I seem to have the time and energy to execute a release once a year, so
anything you do to help make it right will be significant.

My thanks, fwiw, to all those who contributed.