freetds - Re: [freetds] newbie query (sorry)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] newbie query (sorry)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:16:24 +0100

> Hi there,
>
> Happy new year,
>
> I'm a french developper and I'd like to access to a Sybase
> database throught Freetds in a W32 environnement (with a
> dll). So I download the freetds pack and I compilted
> freetds.dll without any problem. So my questions :
> - This DLL is odbc oriented ?
> - How to use this dll in a C++ code (any link or sample) ?
> - How can I'm sure to use TDS or CT-lib ?
> - What is the best way to use freetds in a C++ code in W32 ?
> - Joke : Is there any french guy to explain me ^^ in my
> native language ?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I hope you prefer some bad english instead of nothing :)

Yes, freetds.dll is an odbc driver. You can install this driver using
installer (you can compile it using NSI installer and freetds.nsi file).
Then add a DSN using ODBC Manager (you can find it in control panel) and
use your DSN like any other odbc driver. We don't have specific examples
but you can use our unittest (src/odbc/unittests directory). If you have
msvc6 there is a project file to compile dblib as a static library (if
you prefer). I have no suggestion about C++ and FreeTDS.