freetds - Re: [freetds] newbie query (sorry)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Pickett, David" <David.Pickett AT phlx.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] newbie query (sorry)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:54:27 -0500

Well, the first thing to absorb is the freeTDS has a pile of tools, some
mutually exclusive and some built on each other:

- tsql and freebcp command line apps
- mutually exclusive ODBC, DBlib and CTlib APIs. ODBC is, of course, more
than just a programming API, since there are many tools already written a
non-programmer can use this with.
- JDBC (but you can also get this free from MS for SQL Server).

I may have missed some! This is why your original question is a bit hard to
answer.

Best regards,

David