freetds - Re: [freetds] 0.64 feature set and schedule

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 0.64 feature set and schedule
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:58:20 +0100

Il giorno gio, 05/01/2006 alle 10.59 -0500, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

Well, I worked on this issue but is not easy.

You to sum up:
- you spot the problem with DBD::ODBC
- I wrote a test that should reproduce the issue (raiserror.c)
- I fixed the test
- time pass
- you did test again (on december) but is seems to not work again
- I realize that test was using odbc 2 while DBD::ODBC use odbc 3
then I tried to fix the problem. It seems that messages on odbc 3 are
handled in a different way. In particular odbc 3 produce a single no row
recordset for raiserror while odbc 2 incorporate error message in
previous recordset.

I just committed a patch however it do not fix all issues. In particular
script don't like warning (SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO from SQLMoreResults)
while it handle now correctly errors (SQL_ERROR from SQLMoreResults) I
have to look what happen with ms driver one.