freetds - Re: [freetds] 'secure connection' to SQLserver. Integrated security ssl?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 'secure connection' to SQLserver. Integrated security ssl?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:18:59 +0100

Il giorno ven, 09/12/2005 alle 08.53 -0500, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> W.H. van Atteveldt wrote:
> > NETWORK_LIBS="$NETWORK_LIBS -lssl -lcrypto -ldl"
> >
> > I'm sure this should really go somewhere else, but I'm not very good
> > with makefiles and the like, and this seemed to work... There are a
> > number of references to -ldl in the configure file already, but I have
> > no idea what they do... sorry!
>
> Actually, that's very helpful. Use of the autotools is something of a
> black art, and unless you've worked on a project like this, you can't be
> expected to know how makefile.am etc. should be modified.
>
> As far as your include directory goes, though, I'm not sure that's for
> configure to discover. I think that should be part of your preƫxisting
> environment; the compiler should be able to find your include file without
> configure's help.
>
> And, just to check something:
>
> > with_openssl=1 ./configure
> > make
>
> I think the same thing can be done by:
>
> $ ./configure --with-gnutls
>
> Tell me if not, because else there should be a configure option to control
> what you did.

Yes, there is an option for OpenSSL but is not "documented" using

./configure --help

this is wanted for license issues. However is correctly documented in
UserGuide. The reason is that in UserGuide you can explain in more
details these license issues.

About -ldl... why linker is linking to a static (.a) library instead of
dynamic one??