freetds - Re: [freetds] 'secure connection' to SQLserver. Integrated security ssl?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] 'secure connection' to SQLserver. Integrated security ssl?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:53:21 -0500

W.H. van Atteveldt wrote:
> NETWORK_LIBS="$NETWORK_LIBS -lssl -lcrypto -ldl"
>
> I'm sure this should really go somewhere else, but I'm not very good
> with makefiles and the like, and this seemed to work... There are a
> number of references to -ldl in the configure file already, but I have
> no idea what they do... sorry!

Actually, that's very helpful. Use of the autotools is something of a
black art, and unless you've worked on a project like this, you can't be
expected to know how makefile.am etc. should be modified.

As far as your include directory goes, though, I'm not sure that's for
configure to discover. I think that should be part of your preƫxisting
environment; the compiler should be able to find your include file without
configure's help.

And, just to check something:

> with_openssl=1 ./configure
> make

I think the same thing can be done by:

$ ./configure --with-gnutls

Tell me if not, because else there should be a configure option to control
what you did.

Regards,