freetds - Re: [freetds] mssql_query returns a boolean false instead an empty recordset when the query doesn't match any record

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] mssql_query returns a boolean false instead an empty recordset when the query doesn't match any record
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:07:59 +0100

On Nov 9, 2005, at 18:55, Pablo F. Díaz Anzalone wrote:

I would like to know which is the correct answer I should obtain from
mssql_query. I have a server in which mssql_query is returning a false
boolean when it should return an empty recordset (as is doing in the
other server).
I'm sorry for the repetition of the topic, but I'm very interested in
having a better solution than putting if's in each query.

This is a bug which came up some months ago. If you search the list archives, you might be able to find it.

Unfortunately, I don't recall exact version numbers, but you'll likely find it corrected by updating your PHP version to a more recent one. Or by updating FreeTDS. Or both. Sorry, don't remember which one. :)

--
fds