freetds - Re: [freetds] Timeout problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Timeout problem
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:15:26 +0200

Il giorno gio, 22/09/2005 alle 03.34 -0700, kis zsigmond ha scritto:
> Hy!
>
> I'm connecting to MSSQL from Debian linux using
> unixODBC and the FreeTDS driver. I have a timeout
> problem: if the network connection to the server fails
> after a successfull connection (by SQLConnect) a call
> to SQLQuery blocks until the newtwork connection is
> reestablished. I've set the
> SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT and the
> SQL_ATTR_LOGIN_TIMEOUT two. Upon statement execution
> I've set the SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT. No results, the
> query still blocks.
> I'm using the latest stable version of unixODBC and
> FreeTDS 0.63.

Fixed in current CVS. No backport planned. James, IMO is time to do a
schedule for 0.64... all note for 0.64 in TODO are not stopover:

Must be fixed in 0.64:
. ctlib parameters, handle all case even in tds7
. handle and test prepared query
(? and @ syntax should be supported)
. cancellation
. ctlib seems to hang reading row while in IDLE state
(tds_peek if not in pending state hang... update)

Broken:
. Passing invalid character set names to server with tsql?
tsql (and so libTDS) can pass invalid charset names to Sybase
libTDS assume Sybase can handle this charset but it's false
and doesn't convert correctly.

Working in progress:
. fix timeout problem reported in ML
. check dblib behavior