freetds - [freetds] Sybase "binary" compatibility

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase "binary" compatibility
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:32:01 +0200

Well, although is a bit hard to speak about binary compatibility for
ctlib I revised ctlib public headers to align declarations with Sybase
ones. This certainly improve binary compatibility but also break
existing 0.63 compatibility... The question is: should I commit this
change? Is better to support a configure switch to decide which headers
to use? I must say that 0.64 are not fully binary compatible with 0.63.
A small change (CS_BOOL is now int instead of unsigned char) make 0.64
not compatible. IMHO if we decide to change binary compatiblity we
should follow Sybase one so in a future we can hope to produce a full
compatible library.