freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds mingw and cross-compiling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds mingw and cross-compiling
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:36:31 +0200

> Hi
>
> I've been trying to configure and make freetds-0.63
> with mingw and a cross-compiler. After going through
> the archives I've found that there has been some success
> but no clear howto.
>
> Where I'm at. I get configure to "finish" after hacking
> the script and config.h. The libraries build but apps and
> server fail to link.
>
> I think I can roll my own Makefiles, hack the code and get
> freetds to work ( all the pieces are there ) in a cross compiled
> mingw environment. A couple of posts on the archive say they have
> been successful with older versions ( Linus ? ) If so I would like to
> hear from you.
>
> PS. My configure line
>
> ./configure --host=mingw32 --disable-threadsafe
> --with-odbc-nodm=/proj/unixODBC-2.2.11/include
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

I was working yesterday on the same issue. After discovering that wine
make my environment not a cross-build I had many problems due to some
configure scripts. I check in some patch but it still do not compile...
src/replacements/readpassphrase.c need a replacement :) Also ODBC do not
compile at all (but you can use Makefile at win32/dev-cpp/Makefile.win).
I didn't understand why it do not generated dll files... but I think you
can use dllwrap...