freetds - RES: [freetds] Connect to MS SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Luís Flávio Loreto da Rocha <luis.rocha AT bsb.politec.com.br>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RES: [freetds] Connect to MS SQL Server
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:35:14 -0300

Hi,

let me explain what I'm need to do. I'm using
FreeTDS + UnixODBC + mxODBC + Zope.

The database user and password are saved in zope
as plain text and the security guys are not happy with that.

I need to find a way to change that (encrypt the password) or
connect to SQL Server without using SQL Server user (connect using
windows user, thats why I think in samba).

If someone have another ideia, I will be very glad.

Thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.