freetds - Re: [freetds] Notes on buiding for VMS from CVS sources

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Richard Banks <rbanks AT arel.com.au>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Notes on buiding for VMS from CVS sources
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 15:41:03 +1000

(sorry if this is a resend, but it looks like the previous message was
blank)

Craig A. Berry wrote:

At 3:55 PM +1000 5/16/05, Richard Banks wrote:

Thanks for the notes, but given the availability of the nightly snapshot, what value is there in building from CVS?
The nightly snapshot is missing the src/dblib/buffering.h and
error_table.h files.

2. In src/dblib/dblib.c the dbdatecrack function references the Sybase date
fields. I just commented out the MSDBLIB compiler directive in sybdb.h and
it compiled OK.
Dblib unittest T0012 fails to compile as a result, but a similar change there
works OK.

Have you tried building with MM(K|S)/MACRO="MSDBLIB"=1 ?

That was how I was building. Well, actually it was
MMK/MACRO=("TDSVER"="TDS80","MSDBLIB"=1)

I'll try building the dev snapshot and working up a patch to the issues you
note (if I can reproduce them). 0.63 final built fine

Thanks :-)

I've now got to try and figure out how to work this in to my existing
BASIC code base. Big issues with the string handling, pointers to
pointers, etc.

- Richard