freetds - Re: [freetds] Notes on buiding for VMS from CVS sources

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Chris Sharman <chris.sharman AT ccagroup.co.uk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Notes on buiding for VMS from CVS sources
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:54:57 +0100

FreeTDS Development Group wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if anyone has built the system on VMS lately, so I just thought I'd post a few notes about my experience building for VMS using the latest code from the CVS tree (16-May-05).

Thanks

6. net.c complained failed to find a declaration for TCP_NODELAY (since UCX uses UCX$...). I just hardcoded a couple of values to get it working.

#elif defined(TCP_NODELAY) && defined(SOL_TCP)
#define USE_NODELAY 1
#elif defined(__VMS)
#define TCP_NODELAY 1
#define USE_NODELAY 1
#endif

These are declared in sys$library:tcpip$inetdef.h
#define INET$C_TCP_NODELAY 1 /* don't delay send to coalesce packets */
#define TCPIP$C_TCP_NODELAY 1

Chris

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of CCA Group. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or
alteration of this message is forbidden. The contents of
this message may be confidential and/or privileged, copyright CCA Group and
are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. Whilst this message has been scanned, CCA Group cannot guarantee
that it is virus free or compatible with your systems and accepts no
responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from its use. The recipient is advised to run their own anti-virus
software. If you receive this message in error please contact
postmaster AT ccagroup.co.uk immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from
your computer systems.