freetds - Re: [freetds] patch to fix -Wold-style-cast in headers

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] patch to fix -Wold-style-cast in headers
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 23:41:39 -0400

Christos Zoulas wrote:
On May 9, 10:32pm, jklowden AT freetds.org ("James K. Lowden") wrote:
| I grant that __static_cast might exist for some other purpose, but Google
| doesn't find anything about it except for NetBSD. And there's no
| guarantee that TDS_STATIC_CAST isn't already in use at Tri-Data Systems,
| Inc. Seems like an experiment worth trying. |
Sure that looks to me like the best way to deal with it. I doubt
that undefining is necessary...

Please, no. NetBSD can do that because it is The System. FreeTDS is an application library and has no business using reserved namespace.

http://dev.unicals.com/papers/c99-draft.html#7.1.3

--
Cheers,
entropy