freetds - Re: [freetds] Can't 'make check' - installing freetds 0.63

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Can't 'make check' - installing freetds 0.63
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:12:15 -0400

eodonnell AT lineone.net wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm attempting to install freetds 0.63 onto a Solaris sparc box. I'm
> unable to get past the 'make check' stage.
>
> ...10 of 13 tests failed...
>
> It gets as far as
> t0001.c: Testing login, logout
> here it hangs for a minute or so, before quickly scrolling a list of
> failures.
> [mydatabase]
> host = mysql.domain.com
> port = 1433
> tds version = 7.0
> I can't telnet from the solaris box to the mysql server on port 1433. I
> also can't telnet from my desktop machine, but form here I am able to
> connect via server enterprise mgr. Is this a problem?

Yes, it's a problem. It's the problem: Enterprise Manager can't be using
port 1433 if port 1433 won't answer a telnet call.

It's possible to dig the EM's connection setting out of the registry, but
it might be easier to get your DBA to tell you on what port the server
listens.

Frediano's ping suggestion is a good one. It's not clear from, "but from
here I am able to connect" where "here" is, relative to the EM and the
server. Is there a firewall involved?

HTH.