freetds - Re: [freetds] RE: Compiling for PHP extension error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] RE: Compiling for PHP extension error
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:09:03 +0200

I need to install PHP Sybase support for Fedora Core 3. It has to be Sybase because the Mssql library functions are not compatible with legacy codes. I keep getting this Apache error when loading my sybase.so extension:

"PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/sybase.so' - /usr/lib/php4/sybase.so: undefined symbol: dbversion in Unknown on line 0"
Any other suggestions?

Here are some more ideas.

Try not to mess with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or any environment variables.
Instead, add your new custom paths to /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run ldconfig.

Another thing to try is to compile and use the mssql or sybase_ct extensions. It's understandable if they are of no use to you, that you must have the dblib-using sybase extension, still, this would help pinpoint if your problem is with the sybase extension specifically, or with interfacing with freetds in general.

I seem to remember reading about some kind of problem with the sybase extension here on this mailing list recently, which at that point required using fixed php code from php cvs. Today you might only need to use the most recent stable release.

--
fds