freetds - RE: [freetds] placeholders and messages

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] placeholders and messages
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:32:09 +0200

> > - update FreeTDS tests to catch all these problems (and fix them),
>
> Yay! Looks like I'm committed to helping out in that area.

Updated raiserror.c (it do not still works correctly)

> BTW, you said
> in another post:
>
> > To improve test accuracy I would implement a test coverage
> script using
> > GCC... I think that many functions still lack a test.
>
> Is there some automated way of using gcc to implement test
> coverage? Or
> did you mean to use autoconf somehow?

man gcov.
Briefly
- compile with -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage (ie "CFLAGS='-O0
-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage' ./configure" and make)
- go in source directory and launch gcov (ie "gcov -c cs.c")
- read cs.c...
I think there should some project to generate statistics and similar..

> > it
> > would be fine in 0.64 to read data like MS odbc do (I
> remember a post on
> > ML that state for example that after all rows are retrieved
> (sqlfetch
> > returned success but never no data) it can issue another
> query (perhaps
> > this require some change in token handling...).
>
> I remember that we need look-ahead code sometimes. Be
> careful, though,
> with buffering. Buffering the whole resultset can make
> Microsoft's driver
> annoying to use. If the user expects 100,000 rows, why
> should he have to
> wait until the last one arrives before fetching the first one?

In this case I would not use the word "buffering", it just read other
"trailing" tokens (parameters returned, done, return status)