freetds - [freetds] Oracle heterogeneous connection with FreeTDS: Failed to load dynamic library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stephan Herschel" <Stephan.Herschel AT biovertis.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Oracle heterogeneous connection with FreeTDS: Failed to load dynamic library
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:33:29 +0200

Hi,
We're using Oracle 10G on Suse Linux. To enable a connection to SQLServer
I've set up an ODBC-connection with FreeTDS and unixODBC. The connection
works as can be tested with FreeTDS' tsql and unixODBC's isql.

The server is defined like this:
===
[snorred]
host = snorred
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0
===

Tsql's output is like this:
===
oradba@wickie02:~/OraHome_1/network/admin> tsql -S snorred -U sa -C
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.63
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: yes
===

(I don't know why there is this mismatch with TDS-version)

I've set up the hsodbc connection similar to a working connection to MySQL.
When issuing select statements from within Oracle I get:

===
SQL> select * from bla@snorred;
select * from bla@snorred
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][C077] Could not find symbol
'SQLDescribeParam' in dynamic library
[C079] Failed to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so'
[C077] Could not find symbol 'SQLExtendedFetch' in dynamic library
[C079] Failed to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so'
ORA-02063: preceding 5 lines from SNORRED
===

Any hints are very welcome,
Stephan