freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS patch RSN and a quoting question.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS patch RSN and a quoting question.
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 03:22:10 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

Need to rank errors in the chain according to the ODBC spec.

This is new to me... did you discover some conditions where our ODBC
implementation fails to do so ?

It's been bugging me for a while, sometimes a query would fail and I would get an informational message back instead of a useful error.

A good example of the problem was when use "dbname" failed with ASE 12.5 The first error returned by calling SQLError was a useless message about changing character sets followed by another useless informational message saying the database context had changed to master while the third was the error describing the actual problem (syntax error)

After looking up the ordering of messages the MS ODBC doc mentioned they have to be ordered by transaction errors, errors, no-data??? and finally warnings.

Have Fun!
Peter