freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS patch RSN and a quoting question.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS patch RSN and a quoting question.
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:51:31 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

FYI I'm working on fixing some regressions and misc problems since I've been here last... (A long time ago:)

PID is process id rather than thread id.
New async connect can wait forever if the socket connect fails to connect.
Need to rank errors in the chain according to the ODBC spec.
More native->sqlstate mappings.
Various win32 build errors.
use dbname fails at login on sybase because the db name is double quoted.

Does anyone know why the initial 'use dbname' does use "dbname" rather than use [dbname]?

As far back as I can remember using double quotes was never a good idea for anything and [] worked well on nearly any platform. use "dbname" fails with Adaptive server 12.5.1. (which is what FreeTDS is doing now) both use "dbname" and use [dbname] fail with an ancient copy of 11.0.1 I dusted off... I want to change the quote_id function to say:

return tds_quote(tds, buffer, ']', id, idlen);
instead of:
return tds_quote(tds, buffer, TDS_IS_MSSQL(tds) ? ']' : '\"', id, idlen);

Have Fun!
Peter