freetds - RE: [freetds] dbnextrow() question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] dbnextrow() question
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:37:49 -0500

<snip>

> Is there any online resources where i can look into writing SQL
> functions that anyone knows off, save me a bit of time searching.

I know it's not MSSQL, but there is an add-on for PostgreSQL called PostGIS
that does all sorts of interesting things in this problem space.
http://postgis.refractions.net/ (It's easier to do this in PostgreSQL
because you can add a data type that is Lat+Long, and then write operators
and functions that understand that data type. Very slick.)