freetds - [freetds] (no subject)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Weible, Jason" <jasonm.weible AT nextiraone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:00:15 -0600

I'm new to FreeTDS in general so forgive me if this has already been covered.
I couldn't find a reference to my specific problem in either the FAQ or
User's Guide.

I have installed freetds on a Solaris 7 machine and I use the gnu gcc
compiler (version 2.95.2 which is ancient I know). I'm trying to connect to
a MS SQL server running on our LAN. When I test with tsql, I can connect and
query the database without problems. When I compile my code it compiles fine
but I get a "libsybdb.so.4: open failed: No such file or directory" run-time
error immediately when I run it.

I've added the freetds path to both $SYBASE and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variables. My makefile looks something similar to:

PROGRAM = program.exe
BINDIR = .
SRCDIR = .
APIDIR = /usr/local/remedy/api
SYBASE = /usr/local/freetds
CC = /usr/local/bin/gcc
CFLAGS = -g -DSUN -D_REENTRANT
INCLUDES = -I$(SRCDIR) -I$(APIDIR)/include -I$(SYBASE)/include
LIBFILES = -L$(SRCDIR) -L$(APDIR)/lib -L$(SYBASE)/lib
ARCHLIBS = -lm -lnsl -lxnet -lsybdb -lpthread -lar

all: $(PROGRAM)

$(PROGRAM): <all the .o files> program.cpp
$(CC) $(CFLAGS) <all the .o files> program.cpp
$(LIBFILES) $(INCLUDES) $(ARCHLIBS) -o
$(BINDIR)/$(PROGRAM)

The libsybdb.so.4 file does exist in /usr/local/freetds/lib as a pointer to
libsybdb.so.4.0.0. Just in case I was missing something, I also copied it
into my local directory so it would have been included as part of the
-L$(SRCDIR) part.

I have the feeling that it is probably something simple that I'm missing but
I just can't see it. I never had problems when I was using Sybase sybdb
library file trying to attach to a local Sybase database and I have never had
a library problem attaching to a Remedy database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.