freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 9

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 9
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:31:46 +0100

Il giorno ven, 14-01-2005 alle 12:12 -0500, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

Column names are at max 128 character long.
To be precise to catch this problem you have to:
- use long names (> 85 characters)
- use multibyte character sets (like utf8)
- use many not-ascii characters
If all conditions are meet this problem raise.
I'll write a workaround to limit column at 255 bytes.

> BTW, thanks for clearing out those unnecessary casts in dblib.c I am
> often tempted to remove casts, and wonder if they're there for some
> compiler that needs them.

I think they was only for storic reason... tds_socket was a void* in
DBPROCESS...