freetds - Re: [freetds] trouble setting up freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] trouble setting up freetds
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:15:45 +0100

Il giorno ven, 07-01-2005 alle 15:52 -0600, HACKATHORN, TODD (SWBT) ha
scritto:
> Hello,
> I need some help, I have downloaded and installed freetds, I thought
> everything went pretty well, but I don't seem to have the ODBC driver.
>
> I am using fedora core 1 with Oracle 10 g installed. My goal is to set
> up a heterogeneous connection to MS SQL Server 2000.
>
> I did the configure, make, and make install. Things happened, it looked
> great. I found the drivers at /usr/local/lib, but there is no
> libtdsodbc.so.
>
> Can anyone please help me. I do not know C very well and am lost on
> where to go to try to recompile, or change the config. I tried in to a
> different machine that only has the Oracle client, and is using fedora
> core 3 and it has the files.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
>
> Todd
> Th3491 AT sbc.com

Heterogeneous connection on Oracle require ODBC driver. To compile
FreeTDS ODBC driver under FC3 (Fedora Core 3) you need unixODBC and
unixODBC-devel package. After these package are installed you can
compile FreeTDS. You have to use 0.63 (now in RC but don't worry nothing
changed in ODBC and we are in RC since a month). I would suggest to
produce RPM packages using

rpmbuild -ta freetds-0.63RC8.tar.gz

If you want I can provide packages compiled for 32 bit intel
architecture.