freetds - RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] 0.63 Release Candidate 1
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:04:49 -0000

Hi James, Freddy,

I've had a look at some of the issues, and a lttle think...

1) My patch for "datacopy"

I'm not really too bothered if datacopy goes in or not.
I couldn't get the existing dblibrary functions to give me the data I
wanted, and it has now become more trouble than it's worth to mix 'n'
match dblibrary and tds functions in one program.
My solution was to code an additional dblibrary function which would
give me the data I wanted, but there were objections to that, from
Freddy and others.
For the greater good, I'm happy to keep my program to myself for the
time being...

2) 886970 cancel in ctlib

I've had a look at the patch.
It goes some way to filling functional gaps in ct_cancel() (which I was
previously unaware of), but I'd rather wait and do a complete job in the
next release.
Can we add it to TODO, if not already there ?

3) 744992

Alas, the bug as identified by Arnar Birgisson is still there.
As any solution to this will affect core dblibrary results processing,
I'd rather give it a thorough workover.
Can I have a couple of days to work on this ?

Bill