freetds - [freetds] Preserving timestamp in FTPlib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Polyanovskyi, Sasha" <sasha.polyanovskyi AT oa.com.au>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Preserving timestamp in FTPlib
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:37:30 +1100

Hi
I've just come across the issue of needing to preserve file timestamps when
FTPing files. I read about the fact that it is not implemented in all FTP
servers, as this is not part of original FTP protocol, however, many servers
implement this in the following fashion: MDTM <timestamp> <filename>. Does
anyone think it would make sense for FTPlib (I am using dblib) to support
such a feature (i.e. the possibility to do FtpPut preserving file
timestamps)?