freetds - Re: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 22, Issue 19

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: Alf C Stockton <alf AT stockton.co.za>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] RE: FreeTDS Digest, Vol 22, Issue 19
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:01:49 +0100

Il sab, 2004-11-13 alle 15:51, Alf C Stockton ha scritto:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Lowden, James K wrote:
>

> > Show us the result using isql, and the odbc.ini and freetds.conf (if
> > any) entries. That should make pretty clear what's going on.
> >
> root@puppypad:/usr/local/src/freetds-0.62.3# isql k9pad
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> root@puppypad:/usr/local/src/freetds-0.62.3# isql doghouse
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> root@puppypad:/usr/local/src/freetds-0.62.3# isql K9Pad
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> root@puppypad:/usr/local/src/freetds-0.62.3# isql DogHouse
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> Thank you for your explanation.
> Attached please find the odbc.ini and freetds.conf and above is the result
> of
> isql calls the two servers I am trying to get to. K9Pad is XP SP2 &
> DogHouse is
> Win2k.

configurations files seem correct, K9Pad and DogHouse should work. Note
that if you use "Driver = FreeTDS" I suppose you configure correctly
odbcinst.ini. Also remember that odbc.ini it's a DM file, not a FreeTDS
file. If DM (in your case unixODBC) it's configured in /usr and FreeTDS
in /usr/local odbc.ini should be placed in /etc, not in /usr/local/etc
(you can try ~/.odbc.ini too). I suppose that tsql work for both K9Pad
and DogHouse, if not consider to use telnet or other tools to test
connection.