freetds - Re: [freetds] Need some help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Need some help
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:55:31 -0400

"Wilson, Allan" <Allan.Wilson AT railinc.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have FeeTDS
> send a connection from a specific IP address on our Unix box?

Yes, but it's not a FreeTDS question. It's a tcp/ip routing question.

I'm not a network admin, and I can't offer you specific advice. If I were
tackling this, I'd probably create an entry in freetds.conf pointing to
localhost. (You might need to add an alias ip address for the loopback
device.) Then I'd add a static route (or possibly an internal firewall)
using the "specific IP address" as the next hop. Once the packet arrives
there, it will be forwarded according to the regular rules.

Something along those lines. I'd be interested to hear what you
ultimately do.

HTH.