freetds - [freetds] Need some help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, Allan" <Allan.Wilson AT railinc.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Need some help
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:04:31 -0400

We are replicating data from Oracle on Solaris to a remote customer
sight running SQL Server. Our replication tool is Transformation Server
from Datamirror.

I want write a perl script to do some monitoring of the replication
process, such as insert a row in Oracle and then go connect over our
link to SQL Server to verify that the row shows up.

The problem is, our network and the customer's network access is very
tight. I have to send the connection from FreeTDS from a specific
network interface on the Unix box that is not the default interface for
the box.

If the connection doesn't come from the correct IP address, then our
network will not let the connection out through the firewall and even if
it did, the customer will not let it in (makes sense).

Our replication tool is capable of sending the connection to the
customer from the correct IP address. Is there a way to have FeeTDS
send a connection from a specific IP address on our Unix box?

Thanks

Allan