freetds - RE: [freetds] Login Incorrect with MS SQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Danny Raetzsch" <danny AT msc.tamu.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Login Incorrect with MS SQL Server
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:10:42 -0500

The main difficulty here is that this is the first time I've tried to
connect to this server in any way and to make things worse I don't have
access to the server to verify any information myself.

I still have not been able to get a straight answer as to which version
of SQL server they're running but it is my understanding that TDS 4.2
should be able to connect to any SQL server. Is this not correct? At
any rate, I've tried using 7.0 as well and had the same problem.

I had one of the sys admins verify that the username and password I am
using is correct so I'm assuming that is not the cause.

You mentioned some TCP/IP settings on the server may be set wrong. What
settings could I have an admin check that may be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Dan