freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLSetStmtAttr - ODBC driver problem?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nilesh Dhawale <ndhawale AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLSetStmtAttr - ODBC driver problem?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:36:33 -0400

> You said you're "using the array of parameters to insert a bunch of rows".
> Has that logic worked against any Sybase/Microsoft database on another
> platform? The T-SQL INSERT statement doesn't support inserting more than
> one row except from another table.

Yes, the logic has been tested with drivers for MSSQL, DB2, Redbrick,
Sybase on Windows and DB2 on AIX.

> You might try turning on TDSDUMP. It should log as errors anything not
> handled by the driver. It also might offer more details about the error.

TDSDUMP did not provide much info (but thanks for suggesting it - now
I know one more way to debug)

> > [ODBC][28308][SQLSetStmtAttr.c][236]
> > Entry:
> > Statement = 37578
> > Attribute = SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE
> > Value = 2
> > StrLen = 0
> > [ODBC][28308][SQLSetStmtAttr.c][685]
> > Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
>
> You are using 0.62. Current CVS (0.63) correctly returns SQL_ERROR if
> Value != 1. I'm not going to patch 0.62 anymore (I don't have much time
> to do it and 0.63 it's quite ready).

I know many drivers do not support a value more than 1; so I had even
run the appln with Value = 1 and still it had the same problem. AW,
any idea when the next release is?

Nilesh