freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLSetStmtAttr - ODBC driver problem?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLSetStmtAttr - ODBC driver problem?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:18:12 -0400

Nilesh Dhawale <ndhawale AT gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a
> feeling that may be some thing is not quitre right with the
> SQLSetStmtAttr function in the odbc driver. The documentation just
> mentions "partial support" for this functions but does not say what
> attributes are supported and which ones are not. Can someone tell me
> from the trace below if there is anything that is not supported and I
> am using?

SQL_ATTR_PARAMSET_SIZE, SQL_ATTR_PARAMS_PROCESSED_PTR, and
SQL_ATTR_PARAM_STATUS_PTR are all handled in src/odbc/odbc.c. I can't say
if they're handled correctly, but they're definitely addressed.

You might try turning on TDSDUMP. It should log as errors anything not
handled by the driver. It also might offer more details about the error.

You said you're "using the array of parameters to insert a bunch of rows".
Has that logic worked against any Sybase/Microsoft database on another
platform? The T-SQL INSERT statement doesn't support inserting more than
one row except from another table.

HTH.