freetds - [freetds] dbi:sybase:server SQL Server connection issue servername\instancename

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kirk Anderson <dba_1_1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] dbi:sybase:server SQL Server connection issue servername\instancename
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:59:36 -0700 (PDT)

Problem connecting with DBI and sql server using servername\instancename. I
have had no issues connecting when the servername is used.
Here is my connect :

$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=wyn-dfwimobile2", 'userid',
'password') or die 'connect';

I log into the sql database using sql query analyzer with the userid/password
with no problems.

I issue the select @@servername and get wyn-dfwimobile2\synchsql

I issue hostname from the cmd prompt and get wyn-dfwimobile2

I am unable to get the right combinations to connect to this sql server using
DBI. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance, Kirk