freetds - RE: [freetds] apache2, php & mssql and inconsistent datas

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] apache2, php & mssql and inconsistent datas
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:43:46 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I am running a website (with mandrake 10, apache 2.0.48-6.3,
> php4.3.4-3,
> freetds-0.61-1, php-mssql-4.3.4-1) and have had some problems with the
> connexion to the database.
> In fact, unexplained things have happened with our database
> (SQL Server
> 2k) which have led to inconsistent datas.
>
> Is it possible that something broken with freetds or its configuration
> could have caused the deletion of fields even if there has
> never been a
> "DELETE" instuction sent to the server ?
>
> My question might seem stupid but I prefer to ask it because we have
> many difficulties finding out where the problem comes from...
>
> Morevover, when accessing some of these inconsistent datas (user
> profiles), apache's error log shows this :
>
> # grep free error_log
> free(): invalid pointer 0x8541130!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x85f3f50!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x85b3a00!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x83e8360!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x831f1d0!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x85e8c50!
> free(): invalid pointer 0x8603b50!
>
> Do you have any opinion about that ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Mikael

I already saw this error. Please try to update freetds. We released 0.62
version 9 month ago. Use 0.62.4 and consider also the patch at
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2004q3/016774.html
0.61-1 suggests me that you are using rpm version, you can compile tar
with rpm using

rpmbuild -ta freetds-0.62.4.tar.gz

(this require unixODBC and unixODBC-devel installed)