freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP or Apache problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jeff <jdyke AT azimapower.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP or Apache problem
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 06:58:30 -0400

william van der wee wrote:

Hi all,

I'am using SuSe 9.1 with Apache and PHP. In order to get access to MS SQL server I installed freeTDS ODBC driver. Everything ok, except I can't get it in a PHP webpage. I use in my PHP scripts odbc_connect.
ISGL is working. When I look in apache error_log it say:
/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/php/extensions/unixODBC.so: undefined symbol: SQLAllocEnv script not found or unable to stat
i would think its a compile problem with how this is built into php

from this i assume you also built unixODBC then compiled freetds with --with-unixODBC=/path/to/unixODBC? did that compile go okay?

is ISGL ISQL? if not can you connect and execute queries via isql on your Suse box.

how did you build php? do you not want to use the built in mssql functions, using configure options --with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds, of course compiling freetds with --with-msdlib.

Jeff

I'am not sure this is a PHP or an Apache problem.

Anybody have any experience with this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

William