freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:11:48 +0200

On Aug 25, 2004, at 20:29, Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS wrote:

I changed the single quote to double (duh, right!?!), but that didn't change
the problem. I still don't know if this is an issue with the connect string,
or the DSN, or something else?

What I was suggesting you to try is dropping that lengthy "DSN-less" string and using a plain data source name as defined in odbc.ini instead. So no DRIVER=,SERVERNAME= and all that mess, equation marks, semicolons, etc. Just simply as I wrote:

$conn = odbc_connect('TheOdbcIniDataSourceName', 'username', 'password');

This definitely worked for me this way when I still had a MSSQL Server running. I don't have any right now, which is why I can't really experiment with whether your way of specifying things should work.

I'm rather inexperienced with ODBC, as I never had any reason for using it instead of the native interfaces, so I can't really help beyond this. I'm aware that PARAM=value;PARAM=value syntax should be valid for ODBC and that's the way to get a odbc.ini-less (and freetds.conf-less) "DSN-less" setup going, but it certainly seemed a lot easier to just use the configuration files as intended. It's easier to make things work when you keep it simple. :)

If you are still hopelessly lost, it's time to try enabling freetds' logging facilities to see what's happening in the background.

--
fds