freetds - RE: [freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS <Rob.Walls AT HILL.af.mil>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:15:30 -0600

I got the unixODBC dev rpm and used
./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --with-unixodbc=/usr/lib
(RedHat's unixODBC RPM puts .so files in /usr/lib and puts .h files in
/usr/include)
FreeTDS compiled and installed OK into /usr/local/lib.
Tsql works fine as before.
Using the ODBCConfig GUI tool, I set Driver to /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
And Setup to /usr/lib/libtdsS.so
Isql still does not work and gives the following error
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I thought isql may be looking only in /usr/lib, so I tried a make clean and
./configure --with-tdsver=7.0 --with-unixodbc=/usr/lib --prefix=/usr
To put all the include and lib stuff directly into /usr/lib and /usr/include
Which it did, but now isql gives the following error:
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libtdsodbc.a' :
/usr/lib/libtdsodbc.a: invalid ELF header
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

So, I moved the /usr/lib files back as they were from an identical system.
BTW: PHP gives the same errors as isql in both instances above. PHP is
ultimately what I'll use to connect. Apparently PHP and isql are linking to
the same place.

Any ideas?

Rob Walls
75 CS/SCBS