freetds - [freetds] Connection Pooling: unixODBC, freeTDS or both ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sébastien Robitaille <sebastien.robitaille AT croesus.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connection Pooling: unixODBC, freeTDS or both ?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:07:22 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to use unixODBC connection pooling with freeTDS.
Do I have to enable freeTDS connection pooling also, or are these two
mechanisms independent ?

Presently, I am enabling only unixODBC connection pooling without success
because as soon as a connection is reused by unixODBC, I
get an error:

[ODBC][15034][SQLFreeHandle.c][217]Error: HY010
[ODBC][15034][SQLError.c][552]Error: SQL_INVALID_HANDLE

I am using unixODBC and freeTDS with Mono (www.mono-project.com) and it is
difficult to find which product is the cause of the error
(If any !)

Maybe someone in this list can help me ?

Thanks :-)
Sébas