freetds - [freetds] Is it impossible to use FreeTDS under OpenVMS 6.3 ?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: buerger AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Is it impossible to use FreeTDS under OpenVMS 6.3 ?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:17:12 +0200

Hi,
Is anyone on the list, who has tried to use FreeTDS under OpenVMS
6.3?
Yes, I read the User's Guide, where it is told that FreeTDS can be
used in OpenVms 7.0 or later. But what is the problem with the lower
VMS versions? Does it lie in the difference between the 32/64 bit
addressing systems? Is it impossible to cope with that problem?

I should like to use FreeTDS between OpenVMS and MS SQL Server 2000.
I would be very grateful for any comments.

Laura