freetds - Re: [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:40:28 -0400

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 <scomps AT purplewire.org> wrote:

> I've managed to get FreeTDS and UnixODBC working together talking nicely
> with my SQL Server 2000.

Welcome, Scott.

> testodbc: iconv.c:411: tds_iconv_info_init: Assertion
> `char_conv->to_wire == (iconv_t) - 1' failed.

Could you show us the whole TDSDUMP log? It's probably not very long, and
it would show us how you got to that point (and what version you're
using).

> I realize this is most likely an issue with FreePascal

Maybe. I'm not so sure.

> what I'm really wondering is if anyone has successfully gotten this
> combination to work properly

Until today, I never heard of FreePascal.

> Is there a list of the ./configuration options for FreeTDS that can be
> turned on/off etc.

Yepper, there is. Just do "./configure --help". (This is mentioned and
explained at http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm.)