freetds - [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Scott Johnson" <scomps AT purplewire.org>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:45:26 -0400

I have two questions that hopefully somebody can answer:

I've managed to get FreeTDS and UnixODBC working together talking nicely with
my SQL Server 2000.

Where my problem comes in, is that I'm attempting to use FreePascal's ODBC
unit which supposedly is able to use UnixODBC. All goes good until it tries
to issue:

Res:=SQLConnect(DBHandle,PSQLCHAR(DBDSN),SQL_NTS,
PSQLChar(UserName),SQL_NTS,
PSQLCHAR(Password),SQL_NTS);

Once that command is issued, I get an assertion from iconv.c

testodbc: iconv.c:411: tds_iconv_info_init: Assertion `char_conv->to_wire ==
(iconv_t) - 1' failed.

I realize this is most likely an issue with FreePascal, and what I'm really
wondering is if anyone has successfully gotten this combination to work
properly, and if so would they be willing to share some sample code as the
documentation is pretty sparse all the way around.

The second question is pretty easy I'm sure. Is there a list of the
./configuration options for FreeTDS that can be turned on/off etc. I've dug
around in the docs and it's possible I've overlooked it, but short of digging
through the ./configure file etc I haven't found anything of value.

Thanks in advance, and to the development team; thanks for an extremely cool
project.

Regards,

Scott Johnson