freetds - RE: [freetds] Unable to run the ' make' process for freeTDS.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Unable to run the ' make' process for freeTDS.
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:13:29 -0400

In each of these files:

src/ctlib/Makefile
src/dblib/Makefile
src/odbc/Makefile

look for a line with "-export-symbols-regex" on it. That is what causes the
symbols to be removed. Delete "-export-symbols-regex" and anything after
it (to end-of-line). Leave the beginning of the line in place.

$ make clean; make; make install

> As this code is free but still is there any licence issue
> which I have to take care of?

That depends on your situation. If you are redistributing FreeTDS, there are
terms in the LGPL that apply to you. If you're just working within your firm
or for a client, no.

If your question applies to these Makefile changes, please don't worry.
First of all, you're helping the project by using FreeTDS in a new
environment. Second, the copyright notice at the top of the Makefiles give
you explicit permission to modify them.

HTH and regards,

--jkl

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.
If you, as the intended recipient of this message, the purpose of which is to
inform and update our clients, prospects and consultants of developments
relating to our services and products, would not like to receive further
e-mail correspondence from the sender, please "reply" to the sender
indicating your wishes. In the U.S.: 1345 Avenue of the Americas, New York,
NY 10105.