freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS Confiuration problem with AIX 5.1.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: hany heggy <hany.hegy AT etelvaz.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS Confiuration problem with AIX 5.1.5
  • Date: 16 Jun 2004 15:04:47 -0400

Hi,

i am trying to install freetds-0.62.3 under AIX 5.1.5
and i have installed unixODBC 2.2.9 and it works fine with DB2 driver

Note:
i had installed freetds-0.62.3 under RedHat 9.0 and it works fine

I follow these steps:

1.Install freetds
-----------------
1.1 untar freetds.tar that creates freetds-0.62.3 directory
1.2 cd freetds
1.3 ./configure
1.4 make
1.5 make install

2. Install freetds driver under unixODBC
2.1 cd samples
2.2 ./unixodbc.install.sh

3. Extract driver shared object from archive
3.1 cd /usr/local/lib
3.2 for i in *tds*.a
do
ar -vx $i
done

which extracts thise shared objects:
libtds.so.o
libtdssrv.so.o
libtdsS.so.1

4.Confiure freetds driver under unixODBC
4.1 cd /usr/local/etc
4.2 vi odbcinst.ini
[FreeTDS]
Description = FreeTDS unixODBC Driver
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtds.so.o
UsageCount = 1

4.3 vi odbc.ini
[morstar]
Driver = FreeTDS
Description = MS SQLServer
Trace = No
Servername = MOROCCOSTAR
Database = DB123
UID = user123

4.4 vi
[MOROCCOSTAR]
host = 212.99.99.22
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

5.Testing
---------
5.1 cd /usr/local/bin
5.2 ./isql DB123 user123 pass123
gives this error
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

5.3 checking id SQLConnect is found in this shared object
cd /usr/local/bin
./dltest /usr/local/lib/libtds.o SQLConnect

SUCCESS: Loaded /usr/local/lib/libtds.so.o
ERROR: Function not implemented (SQLConnect)
Could not find SQLConnect

it seams that this shared object is not for ODBC usage of freeTDS

can u pls tell me which FreeTDS archive name should I extract and what
is the name of shared object that i should put in
/usr/local/ect/odbc.ini

thanks in advance

  • [freetds] FreeTDS Confiuration problem with AIX 5.1.5, hany heggy, 06/16/2004