freetds - Re: [freetds] how to configure freetds under AIX 5.1.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] how to configure freetds under AIX 5.1.5
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:29:46 +0200

Il mer, 2004-06-16 alle 00:39, Hany Heggy ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> 1st of all i would like to thank everybody who worked with FreeTDS and
> unixODBC as since years ODBC access to MS SQL Server was a night-mare under
> UNIX machines
> and now thanks to those guys, it is a piece of cake !
>
> 2nd i have a problem configuring FreeTDS under AIX, even i could
> configure FreeTDS under RH Linux and i can access MS SQL server easily
>
> i got freetds tar file and as normal
> i extract the tar
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> cd samples
> ./install_freetds.sh
>
> then under AIX we should extract archive files that represent the driver
> cd /usr/loca/lib
> ar -vx odbctds.a

Hi!
I don't know AIX at all. Why you have to extract static library?? Don't
AIX support dynamic libraries ??

> and then i go /usr/local/etc
>
> and configure odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini

Well, the location of odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini are not FreeTDS
dependent but DM (unixODBC, iODBC or whatever) dependent. If you use
unixOBDC you can use "odbcinst -i" to discover odbc*.ini locations, if
you use iODBC you can use iodbc-config.