freetds - [freetds] Problem with CS_LONG

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Rensing <paulrensing AT verizon.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Problem with CS_LONG
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:08:45 -0400

FreeTDSers,

I am using FreeTDS with the Sybase Python driver. I recently brought
them up-to-date in what I thought was a harmless step, but my code
started failing.

The cause of the problem is a column in a table which is type CS_LONG.
The Python driver did not handle that type, so I fixed that, but I came
across something in FreeTDS.

In cspublic.h, CS_LONG is made equivalent to TDS_INT which is a 4 byte
int. However, what I was getting from the DB was an 8 byte int. Is this
a bug in the header, or am I missing something?

Thanks for the effort,

Paul Rensing
--
Paul Rensing <paulrensing AT verizon.net>